Chat Box

Forum rules
Rules:

Before creating a topic:

If you found a topic concerning your issue, but it does not answer your question or resolve your issue, do not attempt to bump or hijack it. Rather create a new topic with a reference link to the topic in question.

Choosing a topic title:

Choose a topic title that makes sense with what the thread you made is about. Don't create topic titles that contain spam, sexual, or racial comments or subjects.

Topic Content:

Stay on topic. Don't create topics that have nothing to do with the forum they are in. Also, don't go off-topic in already-created topics. No one wants to hear you talk about your weekend in the clan news section. Off-topic chat is exempt from the off-topic rule unless it gets way too far out of hand. Lastly, no flaming, spam, sexual, or racial messages.

Other things to keep in mind:

When making a new topic, make sure that you use correct grammar and spelling so that the person replying to you will know what you are talking about. Proofread your post before you press the reply button so that you know you did not make any mistakes while you were typing. Make sure to try not to use profanity as well unless appropriate to the subject. Lastly, USE COMMON SENSE. I don't know how many times I've seen senseless posts because people haven't taken a moment to think before acting.
Cereal-X
Recruit

Chat Box

Post by Cereal-X »

I don't think we have enough members for this to actually take affect so maybe we can add this when we get a lot of members. What I was thinking off is that we should add a chat Box if there is enough room for the codes. I am not really sure how much codes can be put into this website becuase I used a free web hosting thing that was very limited. But if there is enough room we could add a chat box to make the forums seem a bit more . . . active? A chat box is like a small IM the could be put into forums. I don't think it will do much since we don't have much members so we could use it like in a couple months when more members are in. ^.^
SugarD-x
Head Leader
Account Aliases: SugarDaddy-X

Re: Chat Box

Post by SugarD-x »

Thank you for the suggestion! We actually used to have one until the forums were upgraded fro PHPBB2 to PHPBB3. I'm glad to see you want it back! I'm actually still looking into finding one that is 100% compatible with PHPBB3, and when I do I will install it.

If anyone finds one, please PM me a link to it. Remember, it must be PHPBB3 compatible, not PHPBB2.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Clan Xperience .:. Clan-X Forums .:. BounderHax .:. StealthBot.Net
~SugarD-x~ / ~Tech-SugarD~
ImageImage
ImageImage
Cereal-X
Recruit

Post by Cereal-X »

I dont web host that much so I don't know what is different between 2 and 3 but there used to be a chatbox caled. . . Chatbox :p But the domain where the code was held on has but closed down and set for sale. Maybe we can magikally obtain a magikal coder that can magikally take apart one of the IM's code and make it work with forums. I dont think it would be that hard for a good coder but we would be lucky to obtain one at all.

Or y'know. . . we can spend countless hours on google -.-
SugarD-x
Head Leader

Post by SugarD-x »

Way ahead of you there buddy and I'm still having problems with it lol
PHPBB2 and PHPBB3 are completely different, and unfortunately that means different mods with different code for each. Sadly they aren't close enough code-wise or I would've installed one already.

Update: I finally found one, but I'm waiting to find out if it's compatible with the official PHPBB 3.0 release yet or not, or if it's just the listed Release Candidates' version only.

Update #2: Well, I've run into a little snag on this one. Our dumb**** webhosts suddenly decided after they were bought out that Ajax-based and auto-refreshing scripts and chat/shoutboxes are no longer allowed. Well ****..., I finally found a PHPBB3 shoutbox mod and there's no way to upload or use it... :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Azgorth-X
Co-Leader

Post by Azgorth-X »

Cereal-X wrote:I don't think we have enough members for this to actually take affect so maybe we can add this when we get a lot of members. What I was thinking off is that we should add a chat Box if there is enough room for the codes. I am not really sure how much codes can be put into this website becuase I used a free web hosting thing that was very limited. But if there is enough room we could add a chat box to make the forums
seem a bit more . . . active? A chat box is like a small IM the could be put into forums. I don't think it will do much since we don't have much members so we could use it like in a couple months when more members are in. ^.^
That is a great idea cereal man... I'm glad u came up with it! :D :mrgreen: It's awesome-can't wait! :D
SugarD-x wrote:Well, I've run into a little snag on this one. Our dumb**** webhosts suddenly decided after they were bought out that Ajax-based and auto-refreshing scripts and chat/shoutboxes are no longer allowed. Well ****..., I finally found a PHPBB3 shoutbox mod and there's no way to upload or use it... :(

Heh new technology these days :evil:

SugarD-x
Head Leader

Post by SugarD-x »

Well, I found one and installed it, but it's not showing up despite the permissions allowing it. Looking into the issue.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Azgorth-X
Co-Leader

Post by Azgorth-X »

WE NEED A CHAT BOX!!
Clan Xperience is the greatest clan ever.
SugarD-x
Head Leader

Post by SugarD-x »

Azgorth, did you even read my post? I'm working on it!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Azgorth-X
Co-Leader

Post by Azgorth-X »

Sorry sugard
Clan Xperience is the greatest clan ever.
SugarD-x
Head Leader

Post by SugarD-x »

It's alright. I'll let it slide this time. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
HG-Bounder-X
Leader
Account Aliases: HG-Bounder-X
Bokura-Takara
BounderBot

Post by HG-Bounder-X »

ULMB not allowing auto-refresh?
I have one on my ULMB site...

On a side-note, even though PHPBB is better than invision, I use it because it has plenty of mods for everything all in one site for free -.-
SugarD-x
Head Leader

Post by SugarD-x »

They're free because IPB isn't. PHPBB mods are all free.
And yes, ULMB has a strict policy against auto-refresh. If you're caught, your site is deleted without warning.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage